"Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle."

Thursday, December 23, 2010

All I Want For Christmas

There are many popular Christmas songs sharing what the artist wants for Christmas, two front teeth, grown up Christmas gifts like good will toward mankind, etc.   My husband asked me a week ago what I want for Christmas, he like so many men is a procrastination Santa!  I had to think about it... hard... it isn't like there are not things that I would love to have that would ease a daily chore or would just be fun, but I don't really want any of that.  They are just things that will one day no longer be useful or will break, this Christmas I would love, with all of me, to get what can't be wrapped in a brightly colored package under my tree: 
I want joy: I want that feeling of lightness of my heart and a warmth in my soul that is constant pouring itself into all of me; I want to be able to smile and laugh and have it reach my eyes. 
I want peace: I want to be able to close my eyes at night and have no replays of May stream through my mind, I want to be able to watch my children play and not have a heavy heart creep in and take up residence for the ones I will never be able to watch play, and I want fear to no longer be my companion.  
I want hope:  I want to feel alive again instead of half dead, I want to be the optimist that I used to be, and dream a new dream. 
I want time: Whatever I need to heal and be okay with that, to be and do what I am to do next and the blessing of knowing what that is, and to live each day for what is in it.   
I know there are boxes for me from my wonderful husband and two precious boys under our tree, and I am sure that whatever they contain will delight, but they will not heal my heart and that is all I really want for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment